The Centre For Basic Rights Protection And Accountability Campaign has commended the Senate of Ignatius Ajuru University of Education Rumu-lumeni in Obio/Akpor local Government Area of River State for expulsion of three MALE students over gang rape of a female student inside a male hostel last year October in the University.
Miss Uzoma Kelechi,head of Women mobilization of the group in a statement on Wednesday 26,May 2021 said the Senate of the institution has proven that issues of sexual violence do not have a place in the institution.
Miss Uzoma thanked the institution for reinstalling public confidence on the safety of students particularly female students on the campus by ensuring that appropriate sanction was melted out to perpetrators of the dastardly act against the female year 1 student.
Miss Uzoma said the sanction will serve as deterrent to others.
Miss Uzoma also commended the Vice Chancellor of the institution ,Professor Ozo-mekuri Ndimele for keeping to his word,recalling that the Vice Chancellor had assured Centre for Basic Rights Protection and Accountability Campaign when the group contacted him on the matter , that the institution will ensure justice is served.
Full Statement By The Institution
IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT.
EXPULSION FROM THE UNIVERSITY: Part 1 – IAUE
The Senate of Ignatius Ajuru University of Education has expelled the following students from the University for various offences:
A statement by the Vice Chancellor of the institution,Professor Ozo-Ndimele Mekuri stated as follows:
1. Mr. Bekwele Ogbondah Godspower – UE/ACCT/B.ED4/0100 – Accounting Dept.- defrauded his fellow students of their schools fees and issued them fake online University receipts. The majority of the victims in Level 100 in the 2019/2020 session lost their admission.
2. Mr. Linus Hans – UE/2018/BSc.Ed4/0525 – Accounting Dept. – Phone Theft (stole a fellow student’s phone).
3. Mr. Nnamdi Destiny – UE/2018/POL.SC/BSc4/0062 – Political Science – Involved in a gang rape of a female student in the hostel.
4. Mr. Samuel Valentine – UE/2017/POL.SC/BSc4/2059 – Political Science – Involved in a gang rape of a female student in the hostel.
5. Mr. Chukwuemeka Amajuoyi – UE/THA/BA4/0019 – Theatre and Film Studies – Involved in a gang rape of a female student in the hostel.
6. Mr. Ovunwo Henry Junior- (Level 100 Not yet issued Mat. No as at the time of the incident)